News and Events
April 15, 2015
Erb student, Marianna Kerppola was featured as a top innovative female student at the University of Michigan to watch in 2015 for her startup, BetterHope. Read the featured blog “15 Innovative Female Students to Watch in 2015″ (pdf) or read it online.
April 14, 2015
Erb Faculty Director, Andy Hoffman was interviewed by Kathleen Hays and Vonnie Quinn on Hays Advantage about “why people reject climate change” while speaking at the Bloomberg New Energy Finance Conference on April 13, 2015. Listen to the interview on “Why People Reject Climate Change” (audio mp3)
April 10, 2015
A blog written by Erb Faculty Director, Andy Hoffman and Erb Student, Jenna White was recommended by New York Times reporter, Andrew Revkin on the topic of climate change as a moral issue.
April 9, 2015
March 17, 2015
Congratulations to Erb student Mikaela Rodkin and her U-M Fresh Fare student team members on winning 2nd place at the SPH Innovation in Action competition! Fresh Fare strives to increase access to healthy food through a transportation collaboration between grocery retailers and a rideshare program.
March 12, 2015
March 10, 2015
Erb Faculty Director, Andy Hoffman wrote an article in Leadership Excellence on the theory of change for sustainability with steps for how it can be achieved. The outlined steps are as follows: first, understanding the current realities; second, a clear vision for a desired future; and finally, how that vision will become a reality through hope.
March 10, 2015
Erb Associate Director of Research, Tom Lyon was featured in the Chemical Regulation Reporter for his keynote speech at the 2015 GlobalChem Conference on “Data disclosure, public pressure said to play key roles in chemical makers’ pollution cuts”.
The featured article is published in the Chemical Regulation Reporter, and can be viewed in Vol 39, No.10 on p. 258-9.
March 3, 2015
Erb’s Managing Director, Terry Nelidov was featured in the month long Sustainable Brands Series in February 2015 called Academic Engagement: How Business & Business Schools Partner to Drive Sustainable Innovation.
Don’t miss the featured article on the Erb Institute with commentary from our Managing Director, Terry Neldiov and Executive-in-Residence, Tom Catania: Strength in Numbers: Erb Institute Harnesses the Power of Consensus (pdf) or read it online.
Q&A’s with commentary from Managing Director, Terry Nelidov:
- Do Sustainability Research Centers View Industry as a Partner or Client? (pdf) or read it online
- What are the Success Factors and Risks for Relationships Between Industry and Academia? (pdf) or read it online
- How do Sustainability Research Centers Influence Business School Curriculum? (pdf) or read it online
- How Does Sustainability Research Fit Within Business Schools? (pdf) or read it online
June 2 – Supply Chain Sustainability: Emerging Trends and Opportunities for Action / BSR Connect Event
The event will feature an interactive dialogue with BSR issue experts and industry peers highlighting best practices and opportunities for action, followed by an informal reception to continue the conversation.
During this event, we will discuss:
- Commodities of concern: From conflict minerals and leather to electronics and beyond, what are significant sustainability issues in the commodities and components used in automotive and other industrial supply chains?
- Human rights and working conditions: How do new global standards on business and human rights apply to company supply chains, and how can companies engage effectively?
- Climate resilience: What role is climate change, as well as potential regulatory responses, likely to play in global supply chains, and how can companies prepare?
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Theme: Opening Governance
Time and location TBD
This event is open to the Erb Community
Open to Erb community members
Open to Erb EAB members